As mentioned at the recent coordination meeting, we have been invited to speak at a conference, organized by the European Journalism Centre and Google News lab, on November 24, in Stockholm (Odenplan).
The topic for our speech is the collaboration between KTH, JMK and SvD in this course. Anna Careborg, Matilda E. Hanson and I will talk about the challenges and benefits of our recent collaboration, and consequences for the media industry.
This is a full day conference, and the rest of the day a number of (other) prominent speakers are talking, among others:
– Louise Roug, Global News Editor, Mashable
– Susan Mcgregor, Assistant Director, The Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University, N.Y.
– Ove Joanson, Chairman, European Journalism Centre
– Chris Moran, Digital Audience Editor, The Guardian UK
– Fredrik Laurin, Special Project Editor, Sveriges Radio (Radio Sweden)
– Raphael Satter, Journalist, The Associated Press
– Marina Petrillo, Reported.ly, First Look Media
– Matt Cooke, European Lead, The Google News Lab
– Jonas Nordling, Chairman, The Swedish Union of Journalists
You can read more about the conference here.
The conference organizers want to see as many of you there as possible, and I have promised to fill at least 10 seats for the whole day. They have also asked me to send them the names of the students from KTH, which means that you need to e-mail me if you like to go, and I will forward your names to the organizers.
Please do this no later than November 6, by e-mailing: email@example.com
Thank you very much in advance.
I know this is a full day event, but I think it might be worth it if you are interested in the media business and want to get some good insights and valuable contacts.